I plan and deliver collage workshops for Art in Education. Because they help improve learning skills and well being. All aims and outcomes are based on research. Which I can sign post you to upon request.
“A fun art workshop to make collages using found imagery. Using magazines, books, photos, or the internet. You will be cutting up the images and sticking them onto new backgrounds. So making making amazing new compositions and meanings. Let your imagination run free, and surprise yourself.”
Because research has shown that art activities;
- Ready the brain for better learning. By increasing dopamine which enhances focus and drive.
- Improve behaviour. Reduce impulsiveness in students.
- Increase brain plasticity.
- Promote unique problem solving skills.
- Improve cognitive abilities and concentration.
- Creative pursuits aid lifelong learning.
- Help the participant tune into emotions and learn to express feelings.
Art in Education Workshop Outcomes
Because research has shown that art activities result in;
- Boosted fluid intelligence, IQ, and attention.
- Sense of achievement.
- Developed problem solving skills. Which results in the creation of neurons.
- Participants have been shown to perform better in maths, language, and reading.
- Feelings of mental clarity, calmness. And being relaxed.
- Increased brain plasticity to better modify its own structure and function. Following changes within the body. Or in the external environment.
- Reduced stress.
- Improved mindfulness.
Additional benefits of these workshops can be:
- Because by using art to gain understand of ourselves, we can relate better to the world and others in it.
- Participants can gain; greater insight into aesthetics, ambiguity, chaos, courage, and complexity, As well as visual conceptualisation skills, composition and dexterity. Because art is demonstrated to foster these skills
- Since we are all inherently creative. And so improved creative skills and awareness can enhance personal well-being.
Book a workshop
Or for further information please use my contact page here.